Wednesday, February 28, 2001

Ultimatum

Here I stand, my emotions so confused
We're supposed to be friends yet I feel abused
You're suddenly silent or quick to chastise
Every action I make you have to criticize

Why are you sometimes frosty when I say hello?
It's as if you'd rather see me go
Why do you do this to me off and on
If I wasn't a true friend, I'd already be gone.

I don't understand your current attitude
It's not as if I was asking for undying gratitude
But I would like to know if my efforts were wasted
In nurturing a relationship that should have lasted

A part of me says I should leave you behind
You're not worth the effort of trying to be kind
Yet a part of me says to give you some slack
Because others in the past have stabbed you in the back

But I'm not like them! I've been true from the start
Yet you're the one stabbing me in the heart
I've been loyal and understanding, but my time is due
For you to treat me like I have treated you

I've done nothing to you to deserve your moodiness
It's time for you to get over your broodiness
If you value our friendship you'd better start talking
Or you can forget me because I'll be walking

(c) Michelle Mundling
February 2001