Tuesday, September 14, 1999

Confidence Betrayed

I tell myself that it’s not personal
Yet I feel like I’ve been hit with an arsenal
You pick and punish like you’re in the right
Now I’m cornered and ready to fight 

When you sit and state your case
I see fake innocence upon your face
I want to believe the words you say
Though I don’t like the games you play 

You tell me that you’re the one
Victimized by past deeds others have done
Yet your actions tell a different story
Greatly tarnishing your reputation of glory
 
The pedestal I placed you on
Is crumbling from the weight of a ton
Of ill wills and deeds inflicted on me
Blinded by your anger, I finally see
 
You didn’t used to be this way
You used to be kind and fair every day
The admiration I gave you when you were near
Has now turned into resentment and fear
 
I’ve proven my trust and loyalty to you
But I have no choice, I must betray you
To save your soul from the monster you created
Before you become the one most hated
 
The one over you must be told
Before your wrath against me unfolds
Nothing I do seems to be good enough
I’m tired of your games; you play too rough 

I mourn for what you were before
The hurt I feel inside I no longer can ignore
Beware the authority that goes unchecked
Where is the person I used to love and respect?
 
(c) Michelle Mundling
September 1999