Wednesday, April 07, 1999

One Simple Decision

The doors around me were closing off opportunities
My stubbornness nearly cost me with severe penalties
By hanging on to a misguided dream
More like a nightmare is what it really seemed

Years of routine and endless suspension
For a change that never came, it increased my apprehension
I finally knelt down from my environmental strife
And asked God almighty, "Is this going to be my life?"

He heard my prayer and answered my plea
I am the one to make it happen, only me
In order to make a change I must make my own
Decisions and choices, reap what I've sown

I followed His advice and made up my mind
I expected the results to be harsh and unkind
Soon I realized the changes around me
Was actually a change in my philosophy

It is so funny how one simple decision
Can change your outlook's total vision
And what before seemed an admission of defeat
Became more of an advance than of a retreat

(c) Michelle Mundling
April 1999