Tuesday, January 19, 1999

You're Not My Friend

You're not my friend, it came to an end
I was deceived; you left me bereaved
I'm letting you go; I've nothing to show
For our time together that just wouldn't weather

Deceptions and lies; they strained the ties
Of friendship and respect turned to hurtful neglect
I tried to understand; reached out for your hand
You left me waiting while you took their baiting

There is no more trust; how can I when you must
Keep company so fake? How long will it take?
Until you're used, humiliated and abused
Yet you go back for more as I wait at the door

I was the friend, loyal to the end
Patient and true, I believed in you
No judgment, no begrudgment
Accepting you as you are until you pushed me too far

I've had it this time; you committed the crime
You forgot and ignored me; your rudeness floored me
After all I've done and was the only one
Who stood by you and waited, protecting you from the hatred

Was your only defender, but you were a pretender
I hoped reason would rule, but I was the fool
I won't hang around and look like a clown
I've got better things to do ... so to hell with you!!

Michelle Mundling
January 1999