Thursday, June 11, 1992

I Think You Know

I've got to get out of this place
Though I hate to see that look on your face
Beaming hurt and betrayal for all to see
Baby, that expression is not fair to me

I've been honest with you, I would never lie
To you about my feelings, I'd rather die
Than to see you so dismayed
That my love could ever fade

Time passes, things change
Still wonder why I why I feel so strange
Love is supposed to be eternal, but I realize now
That by waiting forever I have changed some how

You say, "Wait! I'll make it right!"
It's too late for that, even with all your might
You try to convince me to wait some more
While you attempt to change your life; Please! No More!

I don't like what I've seen in you in the past
You've failed the test of true love that lasts
The conflicts, the let-downs, the changes in you
I'm tired of lying to myself that you'll come through

It didn't help at all when you tried to cover
The lies you made up to keep me as your lover
You should have known that I would eventually see
The deception you tried to weave around me

I can sense in my soul when something is wrong
And I only feel worse when you string me along
Trying to convince me that all is well ... well it's not!
I hate these feelings of deception your denial has brought

I don't want to hurt you you've got to see
That my heart once again belongs to me
Don't try to hold on, please let me go
Deep inside, I think you know

I won't be happy living a lie
To say, "I love you," I won't even try
I care enough as a friend, this much is true
But as lovers, our relationship is through

Waiting for you to make up your mind
Now I have to go on and leave you behind
I've tried everything, but life must go on
In the morning you'll see that I'll be gone

(c) Michelle Mundling
June 1992